Small Development Updates
  • So it’s just an option of view to create stuff and such? You should take the opportunity of adding it for map sandbox or for spectators. It’s a nice tool for streamers IMO.

• administrators

@dovahkick there is definitely tons of things to concider and to think of at this point. We will need to see what works and what doesnt. But its definitely a cool idea.

• administrators

Small update: new mech and player control scheme - also check those shadows!

Watch the video here

• What I can see is that there is mouse control for the movements, the human is a playable character and is able to enter and pilot mechs. How do you think the gameplay of the human should look like? Mechs will be able to jump, does that apply for all the mech legs or is it an ability? I think it’ll apply for all the mech legs if it’s not an ability.
    The shadows indeed are pretty nice, but compared to the previous pictures, it doesn’t give that effect of darker colors on angle shapes.

last edited by Dovahkick
  • administrators

@dovahkick in the past we’ve had flying as a perk for a mech, meaning a special module ‘fitted’ to be able to use jets. how it will end up this time around has not been decided yet tho.

As for shadows in the example Sam gave here above the shadow is casted on the floor but the sides are untouched. We are currently redesigning map art and once its all implanted it should make a lot more sense.

• @qemist said in Small Development Updates:

As for shadows in the example Sam gave here above the shadow is casted on the floor but the sides are untouched.

So that means you’re testing different settings to experiment. Everyone does that in fact, and it’s better to try than not trying.

I wonder who’s the artist in the team, because I have a website to recommend for him.
    It’s Piskellapp.com, made to create sprites and gifs.

Those for example are one of my creations from this same website:
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text alt text

last edited by Dovahkick
  • administrators

@dovahkick yup that means we’re still experimenting a little bit.

As for the lead artist that would be me. Thank you for the recommendation for the specific program. I kind of found my own workflow with other applications though.

• kudos to the artist! Personally, I am very excited for the game to finalize, but I do realize that the process will take a while.

• administrators

@draconianknot said in Small Development Updates:

kudos to the artist! Personally, I am very excited for the game to finalize, but I do realize that the process will take a while.

“Welcome aboard the ship, commander!”

It will take a while but we are enjoying the ride for sure.
    Thanks a lot by the way - you have no idea how much it means to us when people tell us how much they appreciate our game and or artwork.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Small Development Updates was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.